Conference, Prague - November 9, 2011
Historically, all over the world, people working in technology transfer and innovation have faced the same problems and had to overcome similar barriers. The Prague 2011 Conference on Removing Barriers to Successful Innovation will focus on how some of the biggest players in technology transfer and business innovation in Great Britain overcame their specific barriers and became successful in placing to market what has emerged from university research and development. Do not expect to hear yet another set of contemplations on how difficult it is, we will tell you how it can be done. And done successfuly!
What we focus on:
- British university tech transfer office experience in defining and overcoming obstacles in commercialization of knowledge and research results and what impact it all had for the university.
- Experience with setting up a start-up business in Great Britain and in the Czech Republic.
- Innovation, start-up and spin-off support mechanisms in British and Czech Accelerators.
- Best ways to succeed in attracting investment or angel funding.
- Definition of synergies and best practice ways to succeed.
Our renowned speakers have years of experience, they know what they did to overcome the barriers they faced and they will share it with you. Outside of hearing their lectures and participating in their workshops, you will also have the opportunity to engage them in informal conversations during dinner and social net-working event after the conference.
Who will attend:
Postgraduate and doctoral students, university researchers, university management, academics, scientists, policy makers, government employees, innovative small and medium sized businesses, start-up and spin-off representatives, enterpreneures, investors, intermediaries, innovation centres, science and technology parks, development agencies, and other stakeholders interested in what we have to say.
Otakar Fojt, Senior Science & Innovation Adviser, British Embassy in Prague